Join this 4 Part Online Self Paced E-Course
WATCH the video to find out more information!
If you are a current birth worker: a midwife, student midwife prenatal or postpartum doula, birth assistant, labor and delivery nurse, then I believe you need this course!
Question for you:
Do you LOVE your job but also find it exhausting or overwhelming?
Do you ever feel burned out?
Do you struggle to find time to do it all?
Is birth work your passion as well as your business and you want to make sure you are able to do this work long term?
Do you know what compassion fatigue is?
Do you believe you should practice what you preach?
If you answered yes to any of those questions then this course WILL help you! The course is good for you and good for business!
Your practice will be transformed by bringing light to the theoretical work of burn out, compassion fatigue, and post traumatic stress COMBINED with the inner work of boundaries, self care, self-compassion and self awareness.
In order to show up for others we need to cultivate a solid understanding of our own triggers, barriers and stories of why and how we don't always show up for ourselves! Birth work is beautiful and intense: the schedule, the physical nature, and the emotional aspects. In order to be the best we can be for both ourselves and our clients.
4 Part Online Course with Videos, Workbooks and access to an online community support Facebook group.
Part 1: Burn Out
- Theory of burn out including; signs, symptoms and stages and how it relates directly to your personal and professional life.
- A guide book full of real life practical exercises to engage with the theory in a meaningful, self- reflective way, to help shift you personal and professional practice.
Part 2: Compassion Fatigue and PTSD
- Dives deep into the neurobiology and psychology of trauma and trauma exposure response.
- Focus on theory of Compassion Fatigue and Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome and its direction relation to the birth professional field.
- Access to online handouts and documents to help deepen your understanding and assess your needs as a birth professional.
- A guide book to help engage you in self-reflection.
Part 3: Creating Your Wellness/Business Plan
- An introduction to self-care techniques to implement in the moment of a long birth; techniques demonstrated include movement, rest and energy release.
- Exploring the importance of morning and evening rituals and creating ones that work for you.
- A guide to help you create and enact your own wellness plan; including self-reflective work on what stops us from working our own plan and a Facebook group to act as a support system.
Part 4: Diving Deep
- Explore the root reasons why we may experience burn out; taking off those band aids and diving into the inner depths. Looking at our relationship with perfection, service, fear, worthiness and self-compassion, self-awareness and resilience.
- A guide book full of exercises to help you along with your inner work.
Each and every session contains a 40+ minute video explaining theory and practice for that session. In addition each session contains a guide book with several exercises for you to do on your own (this is where the juicy work begins!). You will have access to an online Facebook community of other birth professionals, to act as a support system in this work! Finally, as a birth worker after you have completed the course I will send you a brief quiz, and evaluation form, when you send them back you will receive a certification of completion for Continuing Education Credits (CAPPA certified for 4 CEU, MEAC certified for 3 CEU's)
Pay in Full: $90.00
Payment Plan: $50 x 2 Monthly Installments to be paid 30 days a part
Are you in a partnership or group practice of more than 3? If so take advantage of the discounted course price and added practice guidebook that will walk your entire practice through exercises on how to integrate a culture of wellness and focus on self-care in your group!
Partnership: $80 per person; type in Partnership in the coupon code and your Practices business name in the appropriate field.
Practice (3+ people): $75 per person; type in Practice in the coupon code.
"Transforming Your Professional Birth Practice" was more than I expected. Julie gave me meaningful questions to ask myself; digging deeply into the "why" I work the way I do. She provided relevant exercises to stretch my boundaries of how I can run my birth practice and ultimately this course has led me to start restructuring how I approach my professional life in general"
-Kristina Statler, doula and student midwife, Maui, HI